The Ordinary Mystic pulls from the latest research and best teachers on spirituality, answering the tough questions that sometimes go overlooked. Questions like, Can ordinary people find inner peace, too?
With in-depth how-to articles, book recommendations, expert interviews and more, it’s spirituality at its most honest.
Below, read posts by category. Or you can read the most recent posts here.
It’s a great time to be a mystic. Here, practical tips on finding inner peace from the people who’ve been there, done that.
- What is meditation, really?
- How do you stay in touch with the Divine throughout the day?
- How do you love what is when you don’t even like it?
- How do you love God, when there’s no face to God?
- Is God really in everything? Even poopy diapers?
The literature on mysticism is proliferating. Here, in-depth how-to articles from the latest research and best teachers on spirituality, plus special-interest articles.
- These posts coming soon
Here, exactly what it sounds like: lists of the spirituality books I love, plus notes on many of these books. An extensive, ongoing collection.
- Top 500+ Books for Mystics
- Top 20 Spiritual Memoirs
- Top 150 Meditation Books
- Top 20 Near Death Experience Books
- Top 100 Channelled Books
- Top 1000+ Law of Attraction Books
- Top 25 Scientific Spiritual Books
- Top 20 Spiritual Self-Help Books
- Top 15 Blogs for Mystics
- My 40 Favorite Books for Mystics
Believe it or not, nonfiction books can be the most inspiring literature available today . . . even if they’re not actually spiritual. Here, my notes on the best–most insightful, educational, and life-changing–nonfiction I’ve read.
- Top 500 Nonfiction Books
- Best Books on Diet and Health
- Best Books on Education
- Best Books on Marketing
- Best Books on Parenting
- Best Books on Politics and Economics
- Best Books on Psychology and Sociology
- Best Books on Writing
- Top 650 Classic Fiction Works
It’s a great time to be a mystic. Here, personal observations on the challenges and contradictions of the life of a modern-day mystic.
- Mysticism and Health
- Mysticism and the Home
- Mysticism and Marriage
- Mysticism and Motherhood
- Spiritual Practice
- 150 Law of Attraction Success Stories
Over the years, I’ve written a lot of random stuff on my blog. But most of the posts in this category are ebook giveaways and other book promotions.