Depression and spirituality aren’t the only topics I read about (though, admittedly, they’re my favorite). This blog just would not be complete without a list of all of the books I truly “heart”. And lots of them have helped me become a better, wiser person, too–even less depressed.
I’ve written full posts on some of the books, offering my notes and reactions. If the book title has a link, that’s where it heads to.
Of course, this list is a long one, so I’ve broken it down into sections and linked from this list to the actual book lists. Also know that I will update this list regularly since I’m always reading awesome new stuff.
Though these lists may seem overwhelmingly long, my promise to you is that I won’t put anything on this list that doesn’t truly deserve to be here.
These are all really great books.
Best Nonfiction Books
Best Nonfiction Books on History
Best Nonfiction Books on Science
Best Nonfiction Books on Politics and Economics
Best Nonfiction Books on Psychology and Sociology
Best Nonfiction Books on Diet and Health
Best Nonfiction Books on Writing
Best Nonfiction Books on Education
Best Nonfiction Books on Marketing
Best Nonfiction Books on Relationships
Best Nonfiction Books on Parenting
Best Textbooks and Encyclopedias
Best How-To Books
Best Nonfiction Classics
Other Best Nonfiction Books
All Best Non-Spiritual Nonfiction Books
More Words I Love
More Stuff to Read:
Some Spiritual Practices Actually Work. It’s Amazing.
There are hundreds of spiritual techniques for overcoming depression and increasing inner peace. Only one blog talks about whether or not they work. With ratings. (Take that, God.)
- On a Scale of 1-10, How Effective Is Positive Thinking Against Depression?
- On a Scale of 1-10, How Effective Is Mindfulness Meditation Against Depression?
- On a Scale of 1-10, How Effective Is the “Zero Limits” Method Against Depression?
- On a Scale of 1-10, How Effective Is Sitting Meditation Against Depression?
- On a Scale of 1-10, How Effective Is Byron Katie’s The Work Against Depression?
- On a Scale of 1-10, How Effective Is Mantra Meditation Against Depression?
- More Spiritual Practice Effectiveness Ratings
- 50 Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- 150 Law of Attraction Success Stories
I Suspect Inner Peace Is Just a Myth. Here Are Interviews With People Who Disagree.
Some people are such show-offs. But that doesn’t mean they’re not worth listening to.
- Does Questioning Your Thoughts Lead to Greater Inner Peace?
- How Do You Love What Is When You Don’t Even Like It?
- How Do You Stay in Touch With the Divine Throughout the Day?
- How Do You Make Acceptance a Daily Spiritual Practice?
- Is God Really in Everything? Even Poopy Diapers?
- How Do You Love God, When There’s No Face to God?
- Is Everything Really Just a Projection of Ourselves? Even the Mean Stuff People Do?
- Do You Agree That Life is a Game?
- What Is Meditation, Really?
- What Does Meditation Feel Like?
- More Author Interviews
Depression, Begone! (Thanks. You’re Wonderful.)
It’s a great time to try to get suddenly awesome. So many teachers. So many books.
- Best Meditation Books for Overcoming Depression
- Best Spiritual Memoirs for Overcoming Depression
- Best Law of Attraction Books for Overcoming Depression
- Best Channeled Books for Overcoming Depression
- Best Scientific Spiritual Books for Overcoming Depression
- Best Near Death Experience Books for Overcoming Depression
- Best Reincarnation Books for Overcoming Depression
- More Best Spiritual-But-Not-Religious Books for Overcoming Depression
- Best Free Spiritual Ebooks for Overcoming Depression
- Best of the Best: My Favorite Spiritual Books for Overcoming Depression
- 150 Life Hacks for Overcoming Depression
- Depression Success Stories