Best book for mystics: The Way of Zen by Alan Watts
To find out more about this best book for mystics, see:
Alan Watts on Wikipedia
- AlanWatts.org run by Watts’ son Mark, who has produced a documentary about his father’s life called Why Not Now?
- Why Not Now? film trailer
- Alan Watts Mountain Center north of San Francisco
- Alan Watts Electronic University – Alan Watts’ audio and video courses, co-founded by Alan Watts, Mark Watts, and Henry Jacobs in 1973.
- Alan Watts Podcast – the official podcast
- Master Enlightenments Arts Seminars and Lectures by Alan Watts – looking at many different forms of enlightenment; recorded by Henry Jacobs in 1964/65.
- Alan Watts Online – Project Unicorn (also Archived 31 October 2004 at the Wayback Machine.)
- Works by or about Alan Watts in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Watts essay on Nothingness (This link no longer functions, but is available at“Archived copy”. Archived from the original on 31 August 2008. Retrieved 2013-03-10. .)
- Alan Watts Lectures and Essays audio, video, essays, and articles – resources from deoxy.org
- Alan Watts’ This Is It: The First Psychedelic LP essay by Patrick Lundborg
- Alan Watts Resource Compilation audio and video links of his lectures and essays
- “Alan Watts on YouTube, South Park”. Archived from the original on 9 September 2010. Retrieved 2009-09-09. interview with Mark Watts on the resurgence of his father’s work
- “What if money was no object?” interpretation of Watts’ lecture at ZenPencils.com
- Alan Watts on Cuke.com
- Alan Watts page on Facebook public discussion group
Finally, it happened. After ten years of thinking about it, I attempted, as the Apostle Paul once wrote, to “pray without ceasing”–to communicate in an ongoing way with the Divine.
If you’re interested in my results, get You’re Getting Closer: One Year of Finding God and a Few Good Friends on Amazon.
More mystical reading choices: