Best Spirituality Book for Depression: Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness by Esther Hicks, Jerry Hicks and Abraham
Abraham and Esther Hicks originated the term “law of attraction,” and this is one of the original discussions of it under this term. If you’re intrigued by the whole Abraham phenomenon but haven’t read him (them) yet, this book will answer many basic questions.
Can this book help me overcome depression?
Does it address depression specifically? What does it say that can help?
In Money, and the Law of Attraction Abraham, as channeled by Esther Hicks, teaches on the following:
- Pivoting and the book of positive aspects;
- Vibrations, vibrational matches;
- Attracting money and abundance;
- Maintaining physical health; and
- Careers and career fulfillment.
It also includes a transcript of a live channeling session.
- Most people have no idea of the power of their own thoughts. They do not realize that as they continue to find things to complain about, they disallow their own physical well-being. Many do not realize that before they were complaining about an aching body or a chronic disease, they were complaining about many other things first. It does not matter if the object of your complaint is about someone you are angry with, someone who has betrayed you, behavior in others that you believe is wrong, or something wrong with your own physical body—complaining is complaining, and it disallows recovery.
- Preventive wellness is far easier to accomplish than corrective wellness, but, in either case, improved-feeling thoughts—thoughts of greater and greater relief—are the key.
- You never help others when you allow yourself to be a sounding board for their complaints. Seeing them as you know they want to be is the most valuable thing you can do for them.
- It may sound strange, but the fastest way to an improved work environment is to look for things in your current environment that make you feel good.
- Think excitedly about the improvements that are on the way to you. De-emphasize what you do not like. Emphasize what you do like. Observe the Universe’s response to your improved vibration.
- Conversely, let us talk about the difference between, let us say, gratitude and appreciation. Many people use the words interchangeably, but we do not feel the same vibrational essence in them at all, because when you feel gratitude, often you are looking at a struggle that you have overcome.
- Appreciation is that tuned-in, tapped-in, turned-on feeling.
- Imagine yourself running one mile, and in this mile there are 2,000 doors to move through. Imagine coming to each door and then having to personally open it before you can run through it. Now imagine running the mile, and as you approach each door, the door is opened for you, so you are able to continue the pace, slowing not at all upon approaching each door. When you are in alignment with the Energy that creates worlds, you no longer have to stop and open the doors. Your Energy alignment allows things to line up for you, and the action that you offer is the way you enjoy the benefit of the alignment you have accomplished.
- Just thought by thought by thought by thought by thought by thought, you clean it up, clean it up, clean it up, clean it up.
To what degree do you think it can help me overcome depression?
Depression effectiveness rating: 6 on a scale of 1-10
Where can I find it?
More mystical reading choices:
Diets don’t work? I disagree.
Find out how I lost my extra 20 pregnancy pounds–after all four of my pregnancies.