Best book for mystics: Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires by Esther Hicks, Jerry Hicks and Abraham
This book for mystics’ particular appeal:
Abraham is fun, spunky and straight to the point. His message is inspiring without being overly cerebral.
This book for mystics’ essence:
Ask and It is Given is a clearly written introduction to the law of attraction. It was written by the group of spirit entities that call themselves Abraham, as channeled by Esther Hicks.
In the book’s introduction, Esther Hicks discusses her experience of becoming a channel. Then Abraham speaks.
This book for mystics’ outline:
- We create our own reality.
- Well-being is natural. But we all get into vibrational “ruts”—areas of life where our thoughts aren’t aligned with well-being.
- “So now, the only thing you need to do is gently and gradually, piece by piece, release your resistant thoughts.”
- The key to having what you want is feeling good now.
The first part of the book describes the law of attraction and the method for attracting what you desire.
The second part describes in detail 22 distinct “games” or practices people can use to change their beliefs and expectations and help them think better-feeling thoughts, which then brings better-feeling results.
The 22 practices are:
- The Rampage of Appreciation;
- The Magical Creation Box;
- The Creative Workshop;
- Virtual Reality;
- The Prosperity Game;
- Evaluating Dreams;
- Writing a Book of Positive Aspects;
- The Place Mat Process;
- Segment Intending;
- Playing “Wouldn’t It Be Nice If”;
- Which Thought Feels Better?;
- Cleaning Clutter;
- The Wallet;
- The Focus Wheel;
- Finding the Feeling-Place;
- Releasing Resistance to Become Free of Debt;
- Turning It Over to the Manager;
- Reclaiming One’s Natural State of Health;
- Moving Up the Emotional Scale.
The book then lists the 22 human emotions in order of vibration. Abraham suggests you determine where you are now on the scale, then find a way to get just one step higher.
The emotions are:
- Joy and/or Knowledge and/or Empowerment and/or Freedom ad/or Love or Appreciation
- Enthusiasm and/or Eagerness and/or Happiness
- Positive Expectation or Belief
- Frustration or Irritation and/or Impatience
- Hatred or Rage
- Insecurity and/or Guilt and/or Unworthiness
- Fear and/or Guilt and/or Depression and/or Despair and/or Powerlessness
Other highlights from this law of attraction book:
- We are called Abraham, and we are speaking to you from the Non-Physical dimension.
- It is our powerful desire that you be pleased with where you are right now, in this moment—no matter where you are.
- But it is our absolute promise to you that when you understand the power of feeling good now, no matter what, you will hold the key to the achievement of any state of being, any state of health, any state of wealth, or any state of anything that you desire.
- You will learn how you are the creator of your own experience and why all of your power is in your now. And ultimately this book will lead you to an understanding of your Emotional Guidance System and to an understanding of your vibrational set-point.
- You knew then, before your physical birth, that you were “Source Energy” specifically focused in this physical body . . .
- We are here to help you remember the powerful nature that is you, and to assist you in returning to that confident, joyful, always-looking-for-something-else-wonderful-to-turn-your-attention-to person that is you.
- By consciously choosing the direction of your thoughts, you can be in constant connection with Source Energy, with God, with joy, and with all that you consider to be good.
- Well-Being is the basis of this Universe. Well-Being is the basis of All-That-Is. It flows to you and through you. You have only to allow it.
- This book is about consciously allowing your natural connection to the Stream of Well-Being.
- Your motion forward is inevitable; it must be. You cannot help but move forward. But you are not here on a quest to move forward—you are here to experience outrageous joy. That is why you are here.
- The reason you have not already gotten what you desire is because you are holding yourself in a vibrational holding pattern that does not match the vibration of your desire. That is the only reason—ever!
- And an important thing for you to now understand is that if you will stop and think about it, or, more important, stop and feel about it, you can identify your very discord.
- You and that which you call Source are the same. You cannot be separated from Source. Source is never separated from you. When we think of you, we think of Source. When we think of Source, we think of you. Source never offers a thought that causes separation from you. You cannot offer a thought that would cause total separation (separation is actually far too strong of a word), but you can offer thoughts that are different enough in vibrational nature to hinder your natural connection with Source. We refer to that condition as resistance.
- We all must have objects of attention, desires that are ringing our bells, in order to feel the fullness of who we are flowing thFor more information on this New Thought book, see:rough us for the continuation of All-That-Is. That desire is what puts the eternalness in eternity.
- Once you relax into the idea that you will never cease to be, that new desires will be constantly born within you, that Source will never stop answering your desires, and that your expansion is, therefore, eternal, then you may begin to relax if, in this moment, there is something that you desire that has not yet come to fruition.
- It is our desire that you become one who is happy with that which you are and with that which you have—while at the same time being eager for more. That is the optimal creative vantage point: To stand on the brink of what is coming, feeling eager, optimistic anticipation—with no feeling of impatience, doubt, or unworthiness hindering the receiving of it—that is the Science of Deliberate Creation at its best.
- You can feel whether you are allowing your full connection to Source Energy or not. In other words, the better you feel, the more you are allowing your connection; the worse you feel, the less you are allowing your connection.
- You are, even in your physical expression of flesh, blood, and bone, a “Vibrational Being,” and everything you experience in your physical environment is vibrational. And, it is only through your ability to translate vibration that you are able to understand your physical world at all. In other words, through your eyes, you translate vibration into that which you see. Using your ears, you translate vibration into the sounds that you hear. Even your nose, tongue, and fingertips are translating vibrations into the smells, tastes, and touches that help you understand your world. But your most sophisticated of vibrational interpreters by far are your emotions.
- To What Are You Giving Your Attention?
- Whatever you are giving your attention to causes you to emit a vibration, and the vibrations that you offer equal your asking, which equals your point of attraction.
- Now, by paying attention to the way you feel, you can easily know if you are giving your attention to your desire or if you are giving it to the absence of your desire. When your thoughts are a vibrational match to your desire, you feel good—your emotional range would be from contentment to expectation to eagerness to joy. But if you are giving your attention to the lack, or absence, of your desire—your emotions would range from feelings of pessimism to worry to discouragement to anger to insecurity to depression.
- You are a vibrational transmitter, and you are broadcasting your signal in every moment of your existence.
- Because the Law of Attraction is behind the expansion of your thoughts, it is not possible to give your attention to something without achieving an alignment with it to some degree. And so, the longer you ponder the thought, and the more frequently you return to the thought, the stronger your vibrational alignment becomes.
- The Creative Process is conceptually a simple one. It consists of just three steps: • Step 1 (your work): You ask. • Step 2 (not your work): The answer is given. • Step 3 (your work): The answer, which has been given, must be received or allowed . . .
- As long as you are more aware of what you do not want regarding this situation, what you do want cannot come to you.
- We are not encouraging you to make an effort to control your thoughts, but instead, to make an effort to, more or less, guide your thoughts. And it is not even so much about guiding your thoughts as it is about reaching for a feeling, because reaching for the way you would like to feel is an easier way to hold your thoughts in vibrational alignment with that which you believe is good.
- Distinguishing between the actual thought of what you want, compared to the thought of its absence, is sometimes difficult. But distinguishing between your emotional response to your thought of your desire, and your emotional response to your thought of the absence of your desire, is a very easy thing to do. Because, when you are fully focused upon your desire (and your vibrational offering purely reflects that), you feel wonderful.
- When you really, really want something, and you are thinking about your desire and feeling pleasure from the thought, your thought vibration is now in alignment with your desire—and the current from your Source is flowing through you toward your intended desire with no restriction or resistance. We call that: allowing. But when you really, really want something and are feeling anger or fear or disappointment, that means you are focused upon the opposite of your desire, and in doing so, you are introducing another non-matching vibration to the mix—and the degree of negative emotion that you are now experiencing indicates the degree of your resistance to your receiving of your desire.
- When the fuel gauge on your vehicle indicates that the tank is empty, you do not criticize the indicator. You receive the information that it has offered you, and you do something about adding more fuel to your tank.
- Your emotions do not create, but they do indicate what you are currently attracting. No better guidance has ever been offered to our physical friends than the words “Follow your bliss . . .”
- You have the option of remembering something as it actually occurred or imagining it as you would prefer. You have the option of remembering something that pleased you or remembering something that did not please you. You have the option of anticipating something you want or anticipating something you do not want. In every case, your thoughts produce a vibration within you that equals your point of attraction, and then circumstances and events line up to match the vibrations that you have offered.
- As you enthusiastically made the decision to come into this physical body and create in this way, you understood, from your Non-Physical vantage point, that this physical world was not broken and in need of repair—and you did not come forth to fix it. You saw this physical world as a creative environment in which you, and everyone else, could express yourselves creatively—you did not come forth to try to get others to stop doing what they are doing and do something else. You came forth understanding the value in the contrast, and the balance in the variety.
- You cannot ever get it done because you cannot ever cease to be, and neither can you ever halt your awareness. Yet, out of your awareness will always be born another asking, and each asking always summons another answering.
- When you stay aligned with your Energy Stream, you always win, and somebody else does not have to lose for you to win. There is always enough.
- The greatest gift that you could ever give to another is your own happiness, for when you are in a state of joy, happiness, or appreciation, you are fully connected to the Stream of pure, positive Source Energy that is truly who you are. And when you are in that state of connection, anything or anyone that you are holding as your object of attention benefits from your attention.
- Just because you make the decision to find a different thought, it does not necessarily mean that you can go directly to that thought right now, for the Law of Attraction has something to say about the thoughts you have access to from where you are. Of course, there is no thought that you cannot eventually have—just as there is no place that you cannot eventually reach from wherever you are—but you cannot instantly jump to a thought that has a vibrational frequency very different from the thoughts you are usually thinking.
- The basis of life is freedom, and the result of life is expansion—but the purpose of your life is joy.
- Appreciation of others and the appreciation of yourself are the closest vibrational matches to Source Energy of anything we have ever witnessed anywhere in this Universe.
- In fact, a continual attempt, in defiance of the Law of Attraction, of trying to jump vibrational ranges is a major factor in the feelings of discouragement that eventually cause people to conclude that they really do not have control of their own life experiences.
- . . . And each thought you consider or focus upon causes you to feel an emotional response. And so, over time, you have come to feel certain ways about certain things. We call that your Emotional Set-Point.
- When you are in the mode of appreciation, there is no resistance within your vibration.
- Imagine a beautiful city. Not a big city, but a perfect city. The traffic flows nicely. There are beautiful points of interest. Living and working in this city is a wonderful experience. As you think about this city as we have described it to you, you may be thinking, I could live there happily ever after. Oh, but there’s one little thing we forgot to mention: There is a very deep pothole on Sixth Avenue. Now, if you were to focus on the positive aspects of this city, it is our expectation that if you were to live in this city, you would live happily ever after. Most people have not been introduced to their life by someone who was pointing out the positive aspects of it; instead, most have been introduced more often by someone saying, Watch out for the pothole on Sixth Avenue!
- But as a people who have lived in a society that is predominantly oriented toward criticism and to what is wrong, always wanting to face the facts, you have become those, even in your individual thoughts . . .
- We want to encourage you to give more of your attention to what makes you feel good—not something so radical that you must control every thought—just make a decision that you will look for what you want to see.
- That is why we say that all illness is a result of the allowance of negative emotion.
- Because never are you more clear about what you do want than when you are experiencing what you do not want. And so, if you will stop in that moment and say, Something is important here, otherwise I would not be feeling this negative emotion; I need to focus on what I want, and then turn your attention to what it is that you want—in the moment of the turning of your attention, the negative emotion and the negative attraction will stop. And in the moment the negative attraction stops, the positive attraction will begin. And your feelings will change from not feeling good to feeling good. That is the process of Pivoting.
- Anytime you have physical discomfort of any kind, whether you call it emotional or physical pain within your body, it always, always means the same thing: “I have a desire that is summoning Energy, but I have a belief that is not allowing, so I’ve created resistance in my body.”
- Now, why is anything other than that the more consistent experience? Because almost everybody is looking around and vibrating in response to what they are seeing. So what is the solution? Look around less. Imagine more. Look around less. Imagine more. Until your imagery is the most familiar vibration that you have.
For more information on this book for mystics, see:
More reading choices:
Diets don’t work? I disagree.
Find out how I lost my extra 20 pregnancy pounds–after all four of my pregnancies.