Contributor: Mollie Player
Lately on this blog I’ve been sharing a lot of stories from other people. My own precious writing time has been reserved for my next set of books (a three-part series to be announced soon) and my new baby, Claus David. Today, though, I wanted to catch up my readers on a few of the most beautiful, pause-and-reflect-in-gratitude recent developments in my life, all of which are the result of the mindset I’ve brought with me throughout my days:
1. I have a beautiful new home. It’s just the right size and location for me.
2. I have Claus. Healthy and an excellent breastfeeder–both wonderful gifts that I prayed for many times during my pregnancy.
3. I have inspiration. I wake up feeling good. Let me say that again: I wake up in the morning feeling good.
As a formerly depressed person, all I can say about that is I am completely thankful–and a little surprised, too. And I really believe that it has everything to do with the law of attraction. But I’ll let you decide for yourself; more details on these and other recent life changes to come in 2013.
It’s spirituality for the rest of us.
Eckhart Tolle is awesome. So are Byron Katie and all those Buddhist monks we hear about. Why, then, doesn’t their advice immediately solve all our most pressing spiritual problems?
Why are their results so difficult to replicate?
More Stuff to Read:
Some Spiritual Practices Actually Work. It’s Amazing.
There are hundreds of spiritual techniques for overcoming depression and increasing inner peace. Here, stories about the ones that actually work. (In some posts, I rate the practices on a scale of 1-10, too. Sort of like county fair pumpkins, but more spiritual.)
These Are the Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Kids, here it is. Have at it.
- Spiritual-But-Not-Religious Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
- All Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
I’m a Partner, a Mom, a Friend, a Mom, a Sister, a Daughter, a Businessperson and a Mom. Here’s What Helps.
Don’t read this section. It’s nonsense, mostly.
- My Mostly Ridiculous Self-Improvement Journal
- 150 Life Hacks for Getting Suddenly Awesome
- Suddenly Awesome Miscellany (And, Let’s Be Real: Book Promos)