I was such a skeptic.
Oh, Lord, I was such a skeptic.
But ever since a recent tragedy in my life—the death of my newborn baby Jane—my perspective on this quaint-seeming little habit has changed entirely—and so has my life.
I now say affirmations every day.
Here is my list (which I keep on my phone for handy reference!):
- “I am happy.”
- “I am whole and complete. I have everything I need.”
- “(Person) is whole and complete. She has everything she needs.”
- “All love and all peace to (person).”
- “Only love and only peace to (person).”
- “This moment is complete. This moment is perfect. This moment is all I need.”
- “(Person) is perfect and whole.”
- “Healing and guidance to (person).”
- “I will do all I want to do in this life. I will have all I want to have in this life.”
- “I am fulfilling my purpose. I am my truest self.”
- “I move slowly and carefully. I speak slowly and caringly. “I live slowly and I am awake.”
- “I am grateful.”
Say these to yourself every day—either these or others that you make up. Say them over and over, until you believe them—until you really know that they’re true.
Then see if you’re not happier than you ever were before.
Do you say affirmations? Mantras? Prayers? Anything spiritual at all? Leave a comment below; I’d love to know what works for you.