Mollie Player has a goal. She wants to help ordinary people do life better.
Her plan is simple. Step one: Read good books. Step two: Test their advice. Step three: Share with uncautious abandon.
Her blog, Suddenly Awesome, is unapologetic self-improvement advice for the self-obsessed. There, she writes about the books, tips and spiritual practices that make her otherwise ordinary life suddenly awesome.
Her spiritual memoirs include You’re Getting Closer: One Year of Finding God and a Few Good Friends, The Power of Acceptance: One Year of Mindfulness and Meditation, and What I Learned from Jane.
Her self-help books include The Emergency Diet: The Somewhat Hard, Very Controversial, Totally Unheard of and Fastest Possible Way to Lose Weight and The Naked House: Five Principles for a More Peaceful Home.
Some Spiritual Practices Actually Work. It’s Amazing.
There are hundreds of spiritual techniques for overcoming depression and increasing inner peace. Only one blog talks about whether or not they work. With ratings. (Take that, God.)
- On a Scale of 1-10, How Effective Is Positive Thinking Against Depression?
- On a Scale of 1-10, How Effective Is Mindfulness Meditation Against Depression?
- On a Scale of 1-10, How Effective Is the “Zero Limits” Method Against Depression?
- On a Scale of 1-10, How Effective Is Sitting Meditation Against Depression?
- On a Scale of 1-10, How Effective Is Byron Katie’s The Work Against Depression?
- On a Scale of 1-10, How Effective Is Mantra Meditation Against Depression?
- More Spiritual Practice Effectiveness Ratings
- 50 Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- 150 Law of Attraction Success Stories
I Suspect Inner Peace Is Just a Myth. Here Are Interviews With People Who Disagree.
Some people are such show-offs. But that doesn’t mean they’re not worth listening to.
- Does Questioning Your Thoughts Lead to Greater Inner Peace?
- How Do You Love What Is When You Don’t Even Like It?
- How Do You Stay in Touch With the Divine Throughout the Day?
- How Do You Make Acceptance a Daily Spiritual Practice?
- Is God Really in Everything? Even Poopy Diapers?
- How Do You Love God, When There’s No Face to God?
- Is Everything Really Just a Projection of Ourselves? Even the Mean Stuff People Do?
- Do You Agree That Life is a Game?
- What Is Meditation, Really?
- What Does Meditation Feel Like?
- More Author Interviews
Depression, Begone! (Thanks. You’re Wonderful.)
It’s a great time to try to get suddenly awesome. So many teachers. So many books.
- Best Meditation Books for Overcoming Depression
- Best Spiritual Memoirs for Overcoming Depression
- Best Spiritual/Inspirational Books for Overcoming Depression
- Best Law of Attraction Books for Overcoming Depression
- Best Channeled Books for Overcoming Depression
- Best Scientific Spiritual Books for Overcoming Depression
- Best Near Death Experience Books for Overcoming Depression
- Best Reincarnation Books for Overcoming Depression
- Best Free Spiritual Ebooks for Overcoming Depression
- Best of the Best: My Favorite Spiritual Books for Overcoming Depression
- Depression Success Stories
- 150 Life Hacks for Overcoming Depression
I’m a Partner, a Mom, a Friend, a Mom, a Sister, a Daughter, a Businessperson and a Mom. Here’s What Helps.
- Required Reading for Life
- My Spiritual Practice and Self-Improvement Journal
Suddenly Awesome Miscellany
Don’t read this section. It’s nonsense, mostly.