Player writes about all kinds of stuff, mostly spirituality. Her goal: to help ordinary people like her overcome depression forever. Her plan: to read as many helpful books as she can, then test their advice—and pass along everything she learns.
Learn along with her at her blog, The Ordinary Mystic.
There are thousands of spiritual techniques for overcoming depression and finding inner peace. Only one blog talks about whether or not they work. Here, I test the advice of well-known spiritual teachers, describing (and rating!) my results. I also offer practical tips from others who’ve been there, done that.
- What is meditation, really?
- What does meditation feel like?
- How do you stay in touch with the Divine throughout the day?
- How do you love what is when you don’t even like it?
- How do you love God, when there’s no face to God?
- Is God really in everything? Even poopy diapers?
- Is everything really just a projection of ourselves? Even the mean stuff people do?
It’s a great time to be a mystic. So many teachers, so many books. Here, exactly what it sounds like: lists of the spirituality books I love, plus notes on many of them. An extensive, ongoing collection.
- Best Meditation Books
- Best Near Death Experience Books
- Best Channelled Books
- Best Law of Attraction Books
- Best Scientific Spiritual Books
- Best Reincarnation Books
- Best Paranormal Books
- Best Spiritual Memoirs
- Best New Age Children’s Books
- Best Other/Inspirational New Age Books
- Best Blogs for Mystics
- Best General Nonfiction Books
- Best Classic Fiction Works
- Best of the Best: My All-Time Favorite Books for Mystics
- Free Ebooks for Mystics
It worked for them. Maybe it’ll work for you, too. Here, true stories of people who’ve achieved their goals through spiritual practice.
Over the years, I’ve written a lot of random stuff on my blog. But most of the posts in this category are personal observations on the challenges and contradictions in the life of a modern-day mystic, plus book announcements and other author updates.