Author Mollie Player writes about all kinds of stuff, mostly spirituality. Her books include You’re Getting Closer: One Year of Finding God and a Few Good Friends, The Emergency Diet: The Somewhat Hard, Very Controversial, Totally Unheard Of and Fastest Possible Way to Lose Weight, What I Learned From Jane and more.
Her blog, “The Ordinary Mystic,” pulls from the latest research and best teachers on spirituality, answering the tough questions that sometimes go overlooked. Questions like, Can ordinary people find inner peace, too?
With in-depth how-to articles, book recommendations, expert interviews and more, it’s spirituality at its most honest–and the best New Age book blog on the Internet.
Below, read posts by category. Or you can read the most recent posts here.
It’s a great time to be a mystic. Here, practical tips on finding inner peace from the people who’ve been there, done that.
- What is meditation, really?
- How do you stay in touch with the Divine throughout the day?
- How do you love what is when you don’t even like it?
- How do you love God, when there’s no face to God?
- Is God really in everything? Even poopy diapers?
The literature on mysticism is proliferating. Here, in-depth how-tos, Q and A articles and more, featuring information and advice from the latest research and best teachers on spirituality.
Here, exactly what it sounds like: lists of the spirituality books I love, plus notes on many of these books. An extensive, ongoing collection.
- Best Meditation Books
- Best Near Death Experience Books
- Best Channelled Books
- Best Law of Attraction Books
- Best Scientific Spiritual Books
- Best Other/Inspirational New Age Books
- Best Spiritual Memoirs
- Best Blogs for Mystics
- Best General Nonfiction Books
- Best Classic Fiction Works
- Best of the Best: My All-Time Favorite Books for Mystics
It’s a great time to be a mystic. Here, personal observations on the challenges and contradictions of the life of a modern-day mystic.
There are a ton of free ebooks roaming around online. But these are the ones I can personally vouch for, big time.
Over the years, I’ve written a lot of random stuff on my blog. But most of the posts in this category are book announcements and author updates.